Healthcare Worker Hand Hygiene Practice
- Hand hygiene and the novel coronavirus pandemic: the role of healthcare workers. (2020 August 1).
- Directly observed hand hygiene – from healthcare workers to patients. (2019 April 1).
- Strategies to improve hand hygiene compliance among healthcare workers in adult intensive care units: a mini systematic review. (2018 October 01).
- Hand hygiene compliance in a universal gloving setting. (2017 Aug).
- A Systematic Review on the Effectiveness of Interventions to Improve Hand Hygiene Compliance of Nurses in the Hospital Setting. (2017 Mar).
- Health care worker hand contamination at critical moments in outpatient care settings. (2016 Nov 1).
- Cost-Effectiveness of a National Initiative to Improve Hand Hygiene Compliance Using the Outcome of Healthcare Associated Staphylococcus aureus Bacteraemia. (2016).
- Comparative efficacy of interventions to promote hand hygiene in hospital: systematic review and network meta-analysis. (2015).
- Monnet DL. Hand hygiene practices in healthcare: measure and improve. (2012).
Patient Hand Hygiene Practice
- Hand hygiene knowledge, attitudes, and practices among hospital inpatients: A descriptive study. (2020 May 1).
- Patients’ capability, opportunity, motivation, and perception of inpatient hand hygiene. (2020 Feb 1).
- Use of a verbal electronic audio reminder with a patient hand hygiene bundle to increase independent patient hand hygiene practices of older adults in an acute care setting. (2018 Jun 1).
- A randomized trial to determine the impact of a 5 moments for patient hand hygiene educational intervention on patient hand hygiene. (2017 May 1).
- Patient empowerment and hand hygiene, 1997-2012. (2013 Jul).
- Epidemiological Investigation on Hand Hygiene Knowledge and Behaviour: A Cross-Sectional Study on Gender Disparity. (2019 Apr 1).
- A Quasi-Experimental Study to Determine the Effects of a Multifaceted Educational Intervention on Hand Hygiene Compliance in a Radiography Unit. (2017 May 22).
- The challenge of patient empowerment in hand hygiene promotion in health care facilities in Hong Kong. (2017).
- Nurses and Physicians’ Perceptions of the Importance and Impact of Healthcare-Associated Infections and Hand Hygiene: A Multi-Center Exploratory Study in Hong Kong. (2009 Jul 27).
Hand Hygiene Methods
- Hand Hygiene Compliance in the ICU: A Systematic Review. (2019 Sep).
- Effect of hand lotion on the effectiveness of hygienic hand antisepsis: Implications for practicing hand hygiene. (2017 Aug).
- Simplifying the WHO ‘how to hand rub’ technique: three steps are as effective as six—results from an experimental randomized crossover trial. (2017 Jun).
- Surgical hand antisepsis to reduce surgical site infection. (2016 Jan 22).
- Alcohol hand rub or soap and water for removal of norovirus from hands – the debate continues. (2015 Dec).
- Reducing viral contamination from finger pads: handwashing is more effective than alcohol-based hand disinfectants. (2015 Jul).
Use of Technology
- Adoption of electronic hand hygiene monitoring systems in New York state hospitals and the associated impact on hospital-acquired C. difficile infection rates. (2020 Jul 1).
- Technological innovations in infection control: A rapid review of the acceptance of behavior monitoring systems and their contribution to the improvement of hand hygiene. (2019 Apr 1).
- Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet-C light disinfection device and patient hand hygiene for reduction of pathogen transfer from interactive touchscreen computer kiosks.(2017 Nov).
- New technology markedly improves hand-hygiene performance among healthcare workers after restroom visits. (2016 Apr 1).
- Hand hygiene monitoring technology: a systematic review of efficacy. (2015 Jan).
- The Use of Real-Time Feedback via Wireless Technology to Improve Hand Hygiene Compliance. (2014 Jun).
- Automated and electronically assisted hand hygiene monitoring systems: A systematic review. (2014 May).