Environmental Cleaning Practice
- Beyond high-touch surfaces: Portable equipment and floors as potential sources of transmission of health care–associated pathogens. (2019 Jun 1).
- Changes in knowledge and attitudes of hospital environmental services staff: The Researching Effective Approaches to Cleaning in Hospitals (REACH) study. (2018 Sep)
- Reducing health care-associated infections by implementing separated environmental cleaning management measures by using disposable wipes of four colors. (2018 Mar 7).
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding environmental cleaning among environmental service workers in Chinese hospitals. (2017 Sep 1)
- Researching effective approaches to cleaning in hospitals: protocol of the REACH study, a multi-site stepped-wedge randomised trial. (2016 Mar 24).
- Decontamination and sterilization. (2015 Nov).
- Cleaning Hospital Room Surfaces to Prevent Health Care–Associated Infections. (2015 Oct 20).
- Environmental Cleaning for the Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Infections. (2015 Aug).
- Cleaning Hospital Room Surfaces to Prevent Health Care–Associated Infections: A Technical Brief. (2015)
- Best practices in disinfection of noncritical surfaces in the health care setting: Creating a bundle for success. (2013 May).
- Current Principles and Practices; New Research; and New Technologies in Disinfection, Sterilization, and Antisepsis. (2013 May).
- Evidence that contaminated surfaces contribute to the transmission of hospital pathogens and an overview of strategies to address contaminated surfaces in hospital settings. (2013 May).
- Surface cleaning and disinfection: insight into the situation in Germany and Europe. (2013 Mar).
- Hospital privacy curtains are frequently and rapidly contaminated with potentially pathogenic bacteria. (2012 Dec).
Use of Technology
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of cohorting to reduce transmission of healthcare-associated C. difficile and multidrug-resistant organisms. (2020 Jun).
- Efficacy of an ultraviolet-A lighting system for continuous decontamination of health care–associated pathogens on surfaces. (2020 Mar).
- Evaluation of the Ultra-VTM (Ultraviolet) Decontamination System as an Adjunct to Cleaning in a District General Hospital. (2019 Dec 1).
- Modern technologies for improving cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces in hospitals. Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control. (2016)
- Controlling Hospital-Acquired Infection: Focus on the Role of the Environment and New Technologies for Decontamination. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. (2014 Oct 1)
- Disinfectants used for environmental disinfection and new room decontamination technology. AJIC. (2013 May)
- The efficacy of self-disinfecting bedrail covers in an intensive care unit. (2017 Nov 20).
- Reduced health care-associated infections in an acute care community hospital using a combination of self-disinfecting copper-impregnated composite hard surfaces and linens. (2016 Sep 18).
- Self-disinfecting and Microbiocide-Impregnated Surfaces and Fabrics: What Potential in Interrupting the Spread of Healthcare-Associated Infection?. Clinical Infectious Diseases. (2014 Mar)
- Self-disinfecting surfaces: Review of current methodologies and future prospects. (2013 May).
Hydrogen Peroxide System
- Automatic environmental disinfection with hydrogen peroxide and silver ions versus manual environmental disinfection with sodium hypochlorite: a multicentre randomized before-and-after trial. (2017 Oct).
- Effectiveness of ultraviolet devices and hydrogen peroxide systems for terminal room decontamination: Focus on clinical trials. (2016 May)
- Terminal Decontamination of the Royal Free London’s High-Level Isolation Unit after a Case of Ebola Virus Disease Using Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor. (2016 Feb 1).
- An Evaluation of Environmental Decontamination With Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor for Reducing the Risk of Patient Acquisition of Multidrug-Resistant Organisms. (2013 Jan).