- Ferreira E, Pina E, Sousa-Uva M, Sousa-Uva A. Risk factors for health care–associated infections: From better knowledge to better prevention. AJIC. 2017 Oct;45(10):103-e107.
- Boev C, Kiss E. Hospital-Acquired Infections: Current Trends and Prevention. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2017 Mar;29(1):51-65.
- Smith H, Brooks JE, Leaptrot D, et al. Health care–associated infections studies project: An American Journal of Infection Control and National Healthcare Safety Network data quality collaboration. AJIC. 2017 Jun;45(6):612-614.
- Pogorzelska-Maziarz M, Kalp EL. Infection prevention outside of the acute care setting: Results from the MegaSurvey of infection preventionists. AJIC. 2017 Jun;45(6):597-602.
- Walker E, Lyman A, Gupta K, Mahoney MV, Synder GM, Hirsch EB. Clinical Management of an Increasing Threat: Outpatient Urinary Tract Infections Due to Multidrug-Resistant Uropathogens . Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2016 Oct 1;63(7):960-965.
- Bedoya G, Dolinger A, Rogo K, et al. Observations of infection prevention and control practices in primary health care, Kenya. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2017;95:503-516.
- Blaine C, Pellowe C, Hodgkinson S. Improving infection prevention practice in primary and community care. Journal of Hospital Infection. 2012 Dec;82(4):274-276.
Long-Term Care Facilities
- Flanagan E, Cassone M, Montoya A, Mody L. Infection Control in Alternative Health Care Settings: An Update. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 2016 Sep;30(3):785-804.
- High KP, Bradley SF, Gravenstein, et al. Clinical Practice Guideline for the Evaluation of Fever and Infection in Older Adult Residents of Long-Term Care Facilities: 2008 Update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2009 Jan 15;48(2):149-171.
- Magiorakos AP, Burns K, Rodríguez Baño J, et al. Infection prevention and control measures and tools for the prevention of entry of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae into healthcare settings: guidance from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Antimicrobial Resistance and Infection Control. 2017;6:113.
- Urban C, Bradford PA, Tuckman M, et al. Carbapenem-Resistant Escherichia coli Harboring Klebsiella pneumoniae Carbapenemase β-Lactamases Associated with Long-Term Care Facilities. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2008 Jun;46(11):e127-e130.